Dutch Photobook Award 2019
The Dutch Photobook Award 2019 will be presented by FotoFestival Naarden on May 28th, 2019 at Pakhuis de Zwijger in Amsterdam (8.00 PM). For this edition there are 3 award categories.
- overall award of € 2.500 for the best photobook by a Dutch professional photographer (or photographer active in The Netherlands)
- encouragement award of € 1.000 for the best photobook debut of a Dutch professional photographer (or photographer active in The Netherlands)
- award of € 1.000 for the best text / photobook published in The Netherlands. This book would contain texts about photography, an anthology, a catalogue or contains photography and text published in a distinctive and innovative way.
Dana Lixenberg won the Photobook Award 2017 for Imperial Courts. With this award the FFN underlines the high quality and diversity of Dutch photobooks.
Lecturis was founded in 1922 as a publishing company. In 1940, printing became its primary activity and in 2010 Lecturis began publishing books again. Books about art, design, photography and cultural history with an outstanding quality in design, printing and finishing. The books are being distributed in the Netherlands and around the world.
Paradox is a not for profit organization founded in 1993. We develop projects around contemporary issues with documentary authors: photographers, filmmakers, visual artists, writers and researchers.
PhotoQ Bookshop is a photobook store located in Amsterdam and specialized in books with journalistic, documentary or artistic character.
Schilt Publishing is a publishing house specialized in high quality photography books.
Drukkerij Rob Stolk is a publishing house located in Amsterdam that vouches for a substantial perspective with an eye for people and atmosphere.
Panel of Judges
The panel of judges for the Dutch Photobook Award 2019 consists of:
- Edie Peters (chairman), founder and editor of PhotoQ, an online platform for photography and photo-book shop
- Merel Bem, publicist and art critic
- Rob Hornstra, photographer and head of Bachelor Program Photography, Royal Academy of Art, The Hague
- Narda van ’t Veer, founder of UNIT agency
- Wannes Ketelaars, photobook specialist
- Bert Teunissen, photographer
The panel of judges will announce three nominees per category.
Photobooks in the Gele Loods
The term for submitting your photobook was closed March 28.
For more information: Edie Peters, email@example.com
A selection of these photobooks will be exposed in the ‘Gele Loods’ in Naarden during the FotoFestival 2019.