The Dutch Photo-book Award is awarded by the FotoFestival Naarden. This biennial prize of 5,000 euros will be awarded to the best photo-book of a Dutch photographer (or photographer working in the Netherlands). The award will be presented during the next edition of FotoFestival Naarden, which will be held from May 20 through June 18, 2017. With this award, FotoFestival Naarden aims to highlight the high quality and wide variety of Dutch photo-books.
All submitted books will be exhibited during FotoFestival Naarden. A special room has been made available for this. In addition, these books are also offered for sale in our photo-book store.
The following books have been nominated for the Dutch Photobook Prize
- Dana Lixenberg – Imperial Courts
- Bob Siers – XXX
- Mariken Wessels – Taking Off. Henry my Neighbor
- Hanne van der Woude – Vivace
- Xiaoxiao Xu – Aeronautics in the backyard
The jury for the Dutch Photo-book Award consists of the following members:
- Edie Peters (voorzitter), founder and editor of PhotoQ, an online platform for photography and photo-book shop
- Merel Bem (publicist and art critic)
- Rob Hornstra (photographer and photography teacher)
- Narda van ’t Veer (founder of agency UNIT)
- Wannes Ketelaars (general manager of Huis Marseille)
- Bert Teunissen (photographer)
- Erik van der Spek, board member of FotoFestival Naarden and acting secretary